Saturday, September 1, 2012

Awake My Sole

I guess I should start out by saying that I'm a junior in high school. I go to a Christian high school. Every day we have a time set aside in between second and third period for chapel. Yesterday, we had a speaker named Jim Ellis. Jim Ellis started Awake My Sole. He's currently on his journey running across the state of Iowa. Jim speaks to groups about using their God given talents.(Here's a link to his website: http://www.awakemysole.com/.) Yesterday during chapel Jim asked us what our BHAG was. BHAG stands for Big Hairy Audacious Goal, a term created by Jim. A BHAG is a goal you or a group set for yourself. It might seem crazy and it's not something that you can achieve overnight, but it lets you work toward something big. To be completely, honest I was afraid to admit what my BHAG was. I thought my goal was just down right crazy with a capital "C". So of course, I didn't tell anyone what it was. But to set my goal in action, I have to say it. My BHAG is to be a song writer and like Jim, to inspire people everywhere. What's your BHAG?

1 comment: